- [Blog] Tazkiyah & Tasawwuf – Posted by Moosaa ibn John Richardson
- Az-Zuhd – by Imâm Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah – 34 pages – [PDF]
Preoccupation with this world is very apparent in our times, when material greed and the desire to acquire more worldly goods have become widespread. Muslims today are exerting much energy in trade, commerce and the accumulation of shares. As such they have completely forgotten about the salvation of their souls. One of the most important tasks for which Prophet Muhammad was sent to this nation was, for the purification of the soul.
- The Dispraise of Al-Hawaa (Lowly Desire) – by Imâm Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah [PDF]
A description and clarification about matters of the heart through which many people today are mislead. Imaam Ibnul-Qayyim expounds upon the true understanding of Zuhd as held by the Salaf, and the innovated understanding that many Soofees stick to. The compiler of the book, Dr. Saleh as-Saleh also mentions the grave mistakes that occur in, “The Reliance of the Traveller,” of Nuh Ha Mim Keller. Overall, Imaam Ibnul-Qayyim, may Allaah have mercy upon him and grant him Firdous, mentions many beneficial words on the path to true rectification of the heart, and also provides an excellent refutation of many of the innovated beliefs held onto by the Soofees.
- I Want to Fight My Soul So What Is The Way - Nawwal Bint Abdullah
- The Hardness of the Heart – by Imâm Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah
- Enslavement of the Hearts – Shaykh Sulaymân as-Sulaymî
- Obsession of the Heart – by Shaikh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah
- The Types of Heart – by Imâm Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah
- Requirements of the Journey – by Imâm Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah
- Weeping out of fear of Allâh – Husayn al-’Awâyishah