Signs of The People of Tamy’ee
Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘AbdulWahhab al-Wasaabee
Listen / Download Mp3 Here (Time 5:06)
A question posed to Ash-Shaykh al-Allaamah Muhammad ibn ‘AbdulWahhab al-Wasaabee (hafidhahullaah)concerning the distinguishing characteristics and traits of Ahl Tamyee’ (people who are laxadasical about thedeen).
[Q]: What are the distinguishing characteristics and traits of Ahl Tamyee’ (people who are laxadasical about the deen)?
- From their characteristics is that they do not hold on tenaciously to the Qur’aan and Sunnah of the Messenger (sallAllaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam).
- They are not people who have adherence and care for the Book ofAllaah and Sunnah of the Messenger (sallAllaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam), and they do not have a particular focus of the Book of Allaah and Sunnah.
- They do not return to the major scholars of Islaam.
- You will find that if one of them is advised, he will not accept the advice, and he will not return to the truth rather he will become stubborn and will remain upon the issues he was advised against.
- He will follow his desires and whims, and you will also see that they are not people that are particularily successful in their statements and actions rather the lack of success is seen from them and the lack of guidance.
- You will see the effects of sins upon them and the effects of transgression are seen upon them.
- They are also close to other people of tamy’ee (negligent in the deen), and the people of hizbiyyah (partiisianship and sectarianism), and
- they are close sometimes to the disbelievers. They become close to them and they veer away from the scholars, becasue being close to the scholars is a fear for them. They fear that the scholars will tie them down to the evidences, and the scholars will have them adhere to the rulings of the Book of Allaah and the sunnah, so they are not keen in being in touch with the scholars, but rather they are happy to be alone in their own places and their own domains so that no one can link them and tie them down to the evidences from the Book of Allaah and the sunnah and they are actually pleased with this, with being loners.
These are from their signs and their signs are many, and we ask Allaah for success
Posted from: http://mpubs.org with Permission