This book is a complete translation of a treatise entitled “Kayfa Yajibu ‘alaynaa an Nufassir al-Qur’aan-al-Kareem” (How are we Obligated to Interpret the Noble Qur’aan).
The source used for the translation was the Al-Maktabah al-Islaamiyyah first edition published in 1421H.
The foundation of this treatise is questions that were posed to the Shaikh, may Allaah have mercy on him, to which he responded in recorded format. These questions and answers were then transcribed, printed on paper and presented to the Shaikh who read them and commented on them in his own handwriting. The publishing house printed and distributed the book after the death of Imaam Al- Albaanee due to the great benefit found in the work since the author discusses several rules and principles related to interpreting the meanings of the Qur’aan, which every Muslim should follow when trying to understand the Book of Allaah.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Q1: “Take what you wish from the Qur’aan for whatever you wish (i.e. need)“
- Q2: Refuting a Claim of the Qur’aaniyoon
- Q3: Can a Hadeeth Contradict a Verse from the Qur’aan?
- Q4: Speaking while the Qur’aan is being played on a Recorder
- Q5: The Meaning of Allaah being the “Best of Plotters”
- Q6: The Meaning of Allaah’s statement: “Whoever seeks other than Islaam as a Religion, it will never be accepted from him”
- Q7: The Meaning of Allaah placing Veils upon the Disbelievers’ Hearts
- Q8: The Ruling on Kissing the Mus-haf
- Q9: How are we Obligated to Interpret the Noble Qur’aan?