Abu Talhah Dawood Burbank (rahimahullaah)
Prophet Muhammad ﷺ
Transcribed Audio Text
The authentic hadeeth that mentions that it has not been restricted to the day time of Jumuah but rather there is a authentic hadeeth reported by Anas radhiyallahu anhu, Allah’s messenger sallallahu alayhi wa sallam said “Be plentiful in sending salat upon me on the day of Jumuah and on the night of Jumu’ah i.e the night before Jumuah, so whoever sends a single salat upon me then Allah will send salat upon him ten times over”. Hadeeth reported by Bayhaqi. Declared as saheeh by sheikh albani in his saheeha no.1407.
As for the explanation of Sheikh Muhammed Bin Salih al-Uthaymeen rahimahullah, then he said – as a regard to this hadeeth and from that which is specific to the day of Jumuah is sending abundant salat upon the prophet sallallahu alayhi wa sallam and there is no doubt that the prophet sallallahu alayhi wa sallam is the one after the whole creation who has the greatest of rights upon us. His rights upon us are greater than the rights of our own selves upon ourselves. And therefore, it is obligatory to give precedence to love him of our love of oneself and one’s child and one’s father and one’s mother and one’s wife and all of mankind. And it is not possible for your eman to be complete unless you give precedence to love of the messenger sallallahu alayhi wa sallam over love of everyone, every person
And from his right upon you is that you should be abundant in sending salat and salam upon him. And he is not in actually any need of your salat and your salam but rather you are in need of the reward of the salat and salam because you if you send salat upon the prophet sallallahu alayhi wa sallam a single time then Allah will send salat upon you on account of it ten times over. So, if you say “Allahumma salli ala Muhammad” “O Allah extol Muhammed and Allah will extol you ten times over”. So, you are the one in need of that and the messenger sallallahu alayhi wa sallam is not in need of it.
And he said: However, what is the meaning of salat upon the messenger? and we say “Allahumma salli alaa Muhammad” then many of us do not know the meaning of this phrase. What is the meaning of the saying “Allahumma salli ala Muhammad”? “O Allah send salat upon Muhammed. He said Abul-Aaliya rahimahullah mentions that he said that the salat of Allah upon his prophet means he’s praising him, he’s extoling him to the highest company of angels. He praises him saying “my servant so and so has such and such” and He mentions praiseworthy qualities. So, if you send salat upon the prophet sallallahu alayhi wa sallam then Allah will extol you ten times over. So, it is upon you to be abundant and sending salat and salam upon Allah’s messenger sallallahu alayhi wa sallam on the day of Jumuah and at every time.
Sending Salaat and Salaam upon the Prophet
- Three Ameens – Hadith
- We often say “sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam”. What does it really mean? – Dr. Saleh as Saleh [Audio Clip|En]
- The obligation of invoking peace and blessings on the Prophet ﷺ in a complete form and avoid using abbreviations like (PBUH), (SAW) etc – Shaykh Ibn Baz
- Abbreviating Salaam and Salah on Prophet ﷺ – Dr. Saleh as Saleh [Audio|En]
- The Obligation of Supplicating Allah to Exalt His Mention and itsExcellence, and its Manner – Riyad-us-Saliheen
- The meaning of “Sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa Sallam” – Shaykh Uthaymeen
- The Meaning of Salaat and Salaam on the Prophet ﷺ – Shaikh ‘Abdul-Muhsin Hamad Al-‘Abbaad
- Sending Salaat upon the Prophet ﷺ – Abbas Abu Yahya [Audio|En]
- Sending Salutations Upon The Prophet ﷺ On Jumu’ah (a forgotten Sunnah) – Dawood Burbank [Mp3|En]