Actions That Nullify One’s Prayer
There are eight actions that nullify one’s prayer:
- Speaking, but only when: (1) one is conscious that he is in Prayer, (2) one has knowledge of what he is doing, and (3) one does it on purpose. But when one speaks forgetfully or from ignorance, then his prayer is not nullified.
- Part of one’s ‘Awrah being exposed.
- A significant turning from the direction of the Qiblah
- Much and continuous frivolous movement or fiddling around.
- Exiting from the state of purity.
(Source: from the Book “Explanation of Important Lessons for every Muslim – Ibn Baz, darussalam publications, pg 273)
Source: Important Lessons for the Ummah – Ibn Baaz