Here is a very beneficial talk from Sheikh AbdurRazaaq AlBadr Al’Abaad hafidhahu Allah on how to purify the soul: tazkiyatou annafs. the sheikh after showing the importance of this matter by explaning the 10 first verses of surah ashams, he gave 10 rules by which the muslim can purify his soul. Here is the link for the arabic audio AND its transcription into a word document:
This was based on a lecture given by our noble sheikh Abdur-Razzaaq ibn Abdil-Muhsin al-Abbaad al-Badr, hafidhahumullah.
- 1. Purification is in Allah’s Hands
- 2. Therefore ask Allah for it by supplicating to Him
- 3. The Quran is the Book which leads to Purification of the Soul
- 4. No one can be purified except by following the example of our Messenger, sallallahu alaihi wasallam
- 5. At-tazkiyyatu takhliyyah wa tahliyyah.
Listen / Download mp3 :
Part 01 Intro, Principle #1 and #2
Part 02 Principle #3
091 – Soorah ash-Shams – (The Sun) – [Makkee]
In the Name of Allâh, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful
- By the sun and its brightness.
- By the moon as it follows it (the sun).
- By the day as it shows up (the sun’s) brightness.
- By the night as it conceals it (the sun).
- By the heaven and Him Who built it.
- By the earth and Him Who spread it.
- By Nafs (Adam or a person or a soul), and Him Who perfected him in proportion;
- Then He showed him what is wrong for him and what is right for him.
- Indeed he succeeds who purifies his own self (i.e. obeys and performs all that Allâh ordered, by following the true Faith of Islâmic Monotheism and by doing righteous good deeds).
- And indeed he fails who corrupts his own self (i.e. disobeys what Allâh has ordered, by rejecting the true Faith of Islâmic Monotheism or by following polytheism, or by doing every kind of evil wicked deeds).
Du’aas referenced in the audio for Purifying the Soul:
Allahumma, ‘aati nafsi taqwaaha, wa zakkihaa Anta khairu man zakkaahaa, Anta waliyyuhaa wa maulaaha
O Allah, grant my soul its piety and purify it, for You are the best to purify it. You are its protector and guardian” (Muslim)