Ahmad Deedat’s “Al-Qur’an the Miracle of Miracles” Number 19 study – Al-Batiniyyah Al-Baha’iyyah
Fatwas of the Permanent Committee>Group 2>Volume 2: `Aqidah>The Sects>Ahmad Deedat’s “Al-Qur’an the Miracle of Miracles”
Fatwa no. 19040
Q: Ahmad Deedat said in his book “Al-Qur’an the Miracle of Miracles” that Qur’an includes many references to the number 19 and its multiplications. He gave many examples and here are some of them:
– The word “اسم” (name) is mentioned 19 times in the Qur’an.
– The word “الله” (Allah) is mentioned 2698 (19 x 142) times in the Qur’an.
– The word “الرحيم” (The Most Merciful) is mentioned 114 (19 x 6) times in the Qur’an.
– The letter “ن” (Nun) is mentioned 133 (19 x 7) times in Surah Al-Qalam.
He also made reference to the study conducted by Dr. Rashad Khalifah in his book “Al-Qur`an Taqdim Mar’y li-Mu`jizah”. Here are some examples of the points he raised:
– The first Qur’anic revelation is composed of 19 words which include 76 (19 x 4) letters.
– The first Surah (Qur’anic chapter) revealed in the Qur’an includes 19 Ayahs (Qur’anic verses) and 285 (19 x 15) letters, etc.
Please give us your Fatwa (legal opinion issued by a qualified Muslim scholar) in this regard.
This study is among the fabricated falsities of a sect called Al-Batiniyyah Al-Baha’iyyah. It is based on glorifying the number 19. There is no doubt that this study is false, as it involves manipulating the Glorious Qur’an and distracting people from pondering its true meanings.
- This malicious group holds many false beliefs such as some of its leaders claiming prophethood.
- Its followers believe in Hulul (a Sufi term meaning indwelling) and Ittihad (a Sufi claim of union with Allah),
- deem Jihad (fighting in the Cause of Allah) to be unlawful and
- call for the unification of religions plus many other things.
So, it is the duty of Muslims to beware of falling into this evil group and of being affected by its ideas or books.
We ask Allah (Glorified and Exalted be He) to save us from their plotting and to protect Muslims from their evils, for He is All-Powerful.
May Allah grant us success. May peace and blessings be upon our Prophet Muhammad, his family, and Companions.
The Permanent Committee for Scholarly Research and Ifta’
Chairman – Imaam Abdul-`Aziz ibn `Abdullah ibn Baz
Source : http://www.alifta.net