Shaik Muḥammad Ibn Ṣāliḥ al-‘Uthaymīn (rahimahullaah)
Translated selections from Muḥammad Ibn Ṣāliḥ al-‘Uthaymīn’s explanation of “al-‘Aqīdah al-Wāsiṭiyyah” by Ibn Taymiyyah and “Lum’ah al-I’tiqād” by Ibn Qudāmah al-Maqdisī
The Day of Resurrection, the Day of Judgment, is called the “last day” because it is a day after which there will be no other. It is the final stage. It is the end goal of all the stages through which we pass (i.e., nonexistence, creation in the womb, life, death and the grave, then the hereafter), and it is the end of our journey.
Allah ( تعالى ) says:
<<Then, after that you will all certainly die. Then indeed you all, on the Day of Resurrection, will be resurrected>>
[Sūrah al-Muminūn, 23:15-16.]
The resurrection is when mankind will rise from their graves to stand before the Lord of creation. Ibn Taymiyyah, in his book “al-‘Aqīdah al-Wāsiṭiyyah,” calls this “the greater resurrection” indicating there is also a lesser resurrection. This lesser resurrection is the one pertaining to each individual as they witness with their own eyes the beginning of the hereafter, their new life after their death. So each individual has his own resurrection; when he or she dies, his or her lesser resurrection has begun.
Click the below link to Read / Download the full article PDF (116 Pages)
The following posts are extracted from this eBook:
- The Sun will be brought near on the Day of Qiyaamah – Shaykh Uthaymeen
- The Scales are Placed & Deeds are Weighed – Shaykh Uthaymeen
- The Books of Deeds are Distributed – Shaykh al-‘Uthaymīn
- Allāh Judges the Creation – Shaykh al-‘Uthaymīn
- The Bridge (As-Ṣirāṭ) – Shaykh Uthaymeen
- The Believers will see their Lord in the Hereafter – Shaykh ‘Uthaymīn